CESREI will establish a mechanism to design programs in such a way that all programs are designed with the industry and meet the Electronics Sector Skill Council of India (ESSCI) National Occupational Standards (NOS) and Qualification Packs.
- Take inputs on the industry and industry bodies like Talent CIG – IESA (Indian Electronics & Semiconductor Association) to identify the skills required in the market
- Identify industry experts to design the curriculum and get it vetted by three other experts
- Assignment/exercises/projects/labs are designed in consultation with the industry experts
- Program structure will be reviewed every six months with the industry
CESREI will collect inputs and work with the industry and industry bodies like talent CIG – IESA for skill proficiencies and design educational programs that meet the skill proficiency levels desired by the industry.
- The institute will define the eligibility criteria for each program separately. In general, graduation with first class will be required for admissions.
As industry-connect will be a key differentiator of the institute, it will start offering continuing education programs to working executives across the country.
The programs will leverage technology enabled learning including MOOC and hybrid methods to meet large scale skill development requirements of India in the ESDM sector. Therefore, students will get the best of both the worlds – traditional classroom as well as online model.
The institute will implement Flipped classroom for the content delivery to maximize the skill development. CESREI will implement flipped classroom for its masters’ programs. Fundamental principles behind content delivery will be that
- Knowledge/content can be delivered anytime anywhere with the help of technology
- Students should come to the classroom for lab work/discussion/presentation and develop skills and higher order thinking.
Content will primarily be delivered by industry practitioners for the programs. As CESREI will establish institutes with higher capacity, leveraging technology will be critical for quality& consistency. Practitioners from across the globe who have been at the forefront of the technology development will be eligible for the content development. In general, practitioners who are more post graduate with 10 plus years of experience will be eligible to create content for the course. In case of undergraduates, they must have more than 15 years of industry experience.
As new technology emerges primarily at Silicon Valley, it will be important to establish formal liaison with the Silicon Valley and attract industry practitioners to develop and deliver courses from the Silicon Valley.
Assessment & Certification
All the assessments will be skill based. Content/ideas for the assessment need to be sourced from the industry.
Focus of the assessment will be on the outcome of the learning that a student has acquired. For outcome based learning, application of Two Dimensional Bloom’s Taxonomy (2DBT) will be critical for all assessments. Knowledge component of assessment will be restricted to maximum of 25% of total assessment.
ESSCI will be a partner in certifying students on the skills that are part of its QPs. It will ensure that the outcomes of the students are aligned with the industry requirements as per qualification packs.
Placement of students will determine the success of ESDM Center. For placement, the institute will aspire to provide global placement to the students. However the first priority will be to reach full placement to the students.
As a large scale ESDM center is envisaged, it will be critical for the institute to leverage technology for the complete value chain.
- Smart Classrooms to enable live, recording of lectures from anytime anywhere.
- Provide 24×7 access to labs so that students can continue to work beyond college timings wherever they have access to the Internet
- Leverage Academic Management System (AMS) including the Learning Management System (LMS) so that all the learning assets and assignments are at one place.
All the lab work will also be evaluated online and modern grading methods like peer grading will also be implemented for select assignments and subjects.