Center for Electronic Systems Research Education and Incubation (CESREI) strongly believes that organizations post stellar performance consistently when they invest in their people development. It enables its customers to enhance their organizational performance through their people by enhancing their skills to match with the requirements of the job and prepare their associates to take up the next level of jobs. CESREI partners with its customers to deliver the learning outcomes by following its outcome basedpedagogy.
|Software Technologies||Emerging Technologies||Hardware Technologies||Leadership Development||Agile Project & Program Management|
Companies collect large amount of data from their customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. The amount, velocity and forms of data has raised multiple challenges to them. Therefore, the need to capture, maintain and move data has increased multifold. Traditional messaging systems could not help much. Kafka has been designed to address large-scale, data movement problems.
In this course, you will understand Kafka architecture and how it has adopted proven distributed systems design principles that enable it to scale and perform reliably. you will use its components with common scenarios and walkthrough how Apache Kafka solutions can be developed in Java/Python. It will enable participants build next generation big data solutions with Apache Kafka.
- Write Producers and Consumers to send data to and read data from Kafka
- Integrate Kafka with external systems using Kafka Connect
- Write streaming applications with Kafka Streams
- Integrate a Kafka client application with Confluent Cloud
High Level Content
- Introduction to Streaming and its significance in Applications
- What is Apache Kafka and how is it different from Other solutions
- Architecture and Setup Basic Kafka cluster using Apache Kafka
- Kafka Commands (Command line)
- Understand Producers, Consumers and consumer groups
- Examples using Console Producer and Consumers with Shipped command line tools
- Code examples of Producer and Consumers
- Kafka Performance Tuning concepts
- Introduction to Kafka Connect
- An Introduction to KSQL
- Spark with Scala Integration with Kafka
Familiarity in developing apps in Java (preferred), C#, or Python and hands on experience of working on Linux OS.
Who this program is for?
All apps developers and architects in Java/Python who work with apps that interact with Kafka.
Docker & Kubernetes
Docker and Kubernetes have become household names for developers and architects who need to develop and deploy apps seamlessly.
Docker is an open source software platform used to create, deploy and manage virtualized application containers on a common operating system (OS), with an ecosystem of allied tools. It is a tool that packages, provisions and runs containers independent of the OS and allows users to quickly compose, create, deploy, scale and oversee containers across Docker hosts.
While it’s easy to orchestrate a handful of containers and applications at once, the challenge grows exponentially when the numbers also grow exponentially. Kubernetes has become the de-facto standard to operate containerized applications at scale in the datacenter. This course is designed to help you learn and master techniques of deploying, using, and maintaining applications on Kubernetes. You can learn to build apps in containers using docker and deploy them on a Kubernetes cluster using native OS tools, set up a cluster, and create container registry.
- Understand the benefits of using containers vis-à-vis virtualization
- Understand and be able to describe docker architecture and its components
- Install and configure Docker toolbox and validate the Docker installation
- Create images by starting a container using a base image and interactively make changes to it
- Create and work with Docker Volumes.
- Understand the Docker Network
- Create Public and Private Repositories using Docker Hub
- Share an image using Docker Hub, deploy Docker images registry and set up automated build
- Understand the key components of Kubernetes Cluster
- Install a Kubernetes Cluster
- Understand Pods and deploy an app
- Scale up and down the application replicas, provide updates to the application and autoscale containers
- Deploy stateless and stateful applications
- Provide rolling updates to an app
Who is this program for?
Software development Professionals, Testing Professionals, Software Architects and Designers, Open source contributors and enthusiasts, Developers who want to accelerate their careers as professionals using Dockers and Kubernetes, Managers who are technical subject matter experts, leading software development projects
High Level Content
- Docker Basics
- Installing docker on Linux
- Docker hub
- Docker containers
- Working with Docker containers
- Docker architecture
- Docker container and hosts
- Configuring docker
- Docker containers and shells
- Building docker files
- Docker public repositories
- Managing ports
- Private registries
- Building a web server docker file
- Docker storage
- Docker networking
- Docker logging
- Container logging
- Kubernetes Architecture
- Installing Kubernetes
- Creating Kubernetes Cluster in Azure/AWS
- Start minikube& deploy sample deployment and expose to and external network
- Cluster Orchestration
- Working with Kubernetes Dashboard
- Deploying applications on Kubernetes Cluster
- Services, Labels and Replica Sets
- Managing State with Deployments